There has never been a more exciting time to join IHMA
Help us support the discovery of new antimicrobials that matter. Joining IHMA is joining the future of medication that can make differences in people’s lives and wellbeing.
IHMA is one of the world’s most dynamic central reference laboratories, specializing in the field of anti-infectives. We serve the pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotech industries. IHMA depends on its talented professionals to provide exceptional customized products and services to clients engaged in the fight against infectious disease.
We are dedicated to providing an enriched and inspiring culture for all of our employees, who together help us best serve our clients’ needs. While our company has evolved in the 30 years since our founding, we remain driven by our commitment to science and technology and are focused on bringing out the best in people. We attract the most talented professionals in the field and empower them to do their best work to support our clients and the global community at large.
The Microbiologist I is responsible for conducting those aspects of studies undertaken by IHMA that require general and clinical microbiology. These responsibilities include culturing of bacteria, routine identification and antimicrobial susceptibility testing, testing for evaluation of new compounds, specialty studies and global surveillance studies.READ MORE
1. Identify organisms (aerobes and anaerobes) to genus and species by colony morphology and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry
2. Perform antimicrobial susceptibility testing methods including broth microdilution panels, E-test, disk diffusion, and agar dilution
3. Perform accurate and precise testing according to established IHMA protocols; document all deviations from standard protocols
4. Report results legibly or by computer conforming precisely to documentation procedures
5. Perform necessary quality control procedures, properly evaluate control data, and implement and document corrective action as needed
6. Operate, calibrate, maintain, and troubleshoot instrumentation and equipment used in performance of job duties
7. Perform sample archiving and retrieval
8. Organize work according to laboratory priorities and complete assigned responsibilities with little supervision
9. Assist other department employees as necessary
1. MT(ASCP) or M(ASCP) or MLS(ASCP) with <5 years of experience in clinical microbiology or the equivalent OR Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with <5 years of experience in clinical microbiology or the equivalent OR MLT (ASCP) with <10 years of experience in clinical microbiology or the equivalent 2. Experience is a clinical microbiology laboratory a plus 3. Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access preferred
The Laboratory Assistant is responsible for assisting the IHMA laboratories by support of daily laboratory work in the general and molecular laboratories, and analytics product development. Certain activities may be based on level of education and experience.READ MORE
1. Accession and scan in new shipments
2. Verify requisition forms
3. Process and/or set up cultures and isolates
4. Retrieve and replace isolate vials from the freezer
5. Subculture isolates
6. Inoculate and freeze repository vials; maintain freezer log
7. Inoculate susceptibility panels using the AIM inoculator
8. Assist in general laboratory prep e.g. print labels and paperwork, label plates and tubes, restock supplies, autoclave supplies, dispose of biohazard waste, etc.
9. Assist in panel production as needed
10. Perform duties accurately according to established IHMA protocols; document all deviations from standard protocols
11. Organize work according to laboratory priorities and complete assigned responsibilities with little supervision
12. Assist in other laboratory duties as assigned
1. Bachelor of Science degree preferred
2. Must be able to work accurately with little supervision
Project Manager I - Clinical
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring all projects are initiated, planned, executed, monitored/controlled, and closed out according to agreed-upon timelines, budgets and scopes. The Project Manager will collaborate with cross-functional teams including other departments to meet the project requirements and be accountable for the delivery of a high-quality product or service to our clients. The Project Manager will maintain a close working relationship with clients, investigators, and other individuals or groups associated with projects under their direction.READ MORE
- Develops all project specific documents addressing all components necessary to implement, conduct, and complete each project.
- Responsible for the communication and coordination of study specific tasks to be completed by other departments/teams.
- Monitors project status regarding budget, timeline, quality, and scope. Creates change orders and plans to keep projects within set parameters.
- Reports on the progress of projects and identifies any areas at risk of not meeting project expectations.
- Writes microbiology specific manuals for site/local laboratory instruction.
- Coordinates with Associate and Assistant Project Managers in developing appropriate resource needs.
- When necessary, communicate with Investigators/clients/sites regarding issues or problems that may occur during the project.
- Review data prior to data transfers.
- Host regular meetings with clients.
- Minimal travel.
- Other duties and tasks that may be assigned on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Requires at least 4 years’ experience in a related field.
- A science or nursing background is desired.
- Demonstrate good management skills.
- Above average computer skills are required. Knowledge of Microsoft products, including Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be very organized and able to work independently.
- Ability to deal with investigators, government officials, and regulatory authorities in countries where English is not the primary language.
- Demonstrate ability in setting and meeting project goals.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.