There has never been a more exciting time to join IHMA
Help us support the discovery of new antimicrobials that matter. Joining IHMA is joining the future of medication that can make differences in people’s lives and wellbeing.
IHMA is one of the world’s most dynamic central reference laboratories, specializing in the field of anti-infectives. We serve the pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotech industries. IHMA depends on its talented professionals to provide exceptional customized products and services to clients engaged in the fight against infectious disease.
We are dedicated to providing an enriched and inspiring culture for all of our employees, who together help us best serve our clients’ needs. While our company has evolved in the 30 years since our founding, we remain driven by our commitment to science and technology and are focused on bringing out the best in people. We attract the most talented professionals in the field and empower them to do their best work to support our clients and the global community at large.
Analytics Product Development Assistant
The Analytics Product Development Assistant is responsible for assisting in the manufacturing of products critical to microbiology laboratory testing conducted at IHMA as well as products manufactured and shipped to client laboratories. These products are required to evaluate the in vitro effectiveness of antimicrobial agents under development and used by the biopharmaceutical industry for the prevention and treatment of serious bacterial infections.READ MORE
- Maintain adequate supplies for panel production including media and reagent preparation necessary for production of MIC assays.
- Perform all functions to support minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC) assays development and analysis of non-clinical and clinical samples, including labeling panels, filling tubes, and dispensing panels.
- Assist in weighing out compounds needed for panel production.
- Prepare other testing devices, such as agar dilution plates and Kirby-Bauer discs.
- Assist in maintaining and ordering supplies from internal inventory
- Other tasks and duties as assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or other relevant scientific discipline.
- Minimum of one year working experience in a scientific laboratory preferred and experience working with aseptic techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Good critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Ability to handle the dynamic fast paced and multi-tasking environment of a rapidly growing clinical central reference laboratory
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with other product development associates and microbiologists of different backgrounds and experience levels
Project Manager I - Clinical
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring all projects are initiated, planned, executed, monitored/controlled, and closed out according to agreed-upon timelines, budgets and scopes. The Project Manager will collaborate with cross-functional teams including other departments to meet the project requirements and be accountable for the delivery of a high-quality product or service to our clients. The Project Manager will maintain a close working relationship with clients, investigators, and other individuals or groups associated with projects under their direction.READ MORE
- Develops all project specific documents addressing all components necessary to implement, conduct, and complete each project.
- Responsible for the communication and coordination of study specific tasks to be completed by other departments/teams.
- Monitors project status regarding budget, timeline, quality, and scope. Creates change orders and plans to keep projects within set parameters.
- Reports on the progress of projects and identifies any areas at risk of not meeting project expectations.
- Writes microbiology specific manuals for site/local laboratory instruction.
- Coordinates with Associate and Assistant Project Managers in developing appropriate resource needs.
- When necessary, communicate with Investigators/clients/sites regarding issues or problems that may occur during the project.
- Review data prior to data transfers.
- Host regular meetings with clients.
- Minimal travel.
- Other duties and tasks that may be assigned on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Requires at least 4 years’ experience in a related field.
- A science or nursing background is desired.
- Demonstrate good management skills.
- Above average computer skills are required. Knowledge of Microsoft products, including Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be very organized and able to work independently.
- Ability to deal with investigators, government officials, and regulatory authorities in countries where English is not the primary language.
- Demonstrate ability in setting and meeting project goals.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.